5 Key Elements of a Great Portrait
Sometimes it’s easier to understand what it is that you don’t like about a photo than it is to identify why you love a photo. Fortunately there are a few key elements that go into almost every great portrait. Here is a list of 5 elements that Melonie Dodaro of Top Dog Social Media recently identified as being important to making a great business photo for use on LinkedIn and your other social media accounts:
- Ensure your photo has a clean background
- Use a professional photographer to create a great photo for you
- Use a tight headshot
- Add a splash of color to your wardrobe
- Turn that frown upside down
– the subject deserves to get all the attention
– please, no selfies!
– save the weekend party pictures for Facebook
– stay professional, but ditch the drab
– a smile always invites action or engagement
We try to incorporate all of these elements into every business portrait we create. If you want to learn more about why each point is important then you can see the original article “5 Elements of a Successful Social Media Profile Picture” at the Top Dog Website.
Book a Calgary Headshot Appointment
Do you need a new professional business portrait that incorporates all of these elements? You can schdule a headshot session by calling Sean at 403-615-3708 or by booking online:
Testimonial from Lisa-Marie Genovese
Sean has done my personal headshots as well as done some commercial photography for some of my clients. His work is absolutely phenomenal, he's great to work with and I enjoy him as a colleague. I often turn to Sean for business advice and have valued his input greatly in my business. Thank you Sean for all that you do!